SharePoint and Identity Management: Mixing Oil and Water?
sponsored by SearchWinIT
The rapid adoption of SharePoint recounts many past experiences where an application is in high demand and deployed before identity and security concerns are fully understood or accounted for. Many enterprises find themselves in a situation where SharePoint now holds sensitive information that must be strictly controlled - or shared with external parties.
The inherent security and identity controls within SharePoint offer many options, but also limitations for deployment models in various collaboration scenarios. Third party tools are quickly arriving on the scene to provide enterprises with more flexibility, but with their own set of restrictions and pre-requisites.
This session will explore:
- What are the challenging security and identity use cases for SharePoint collaboration?
- Are conventions emerging for securing SharePoint sites?
- When are third party tools necessary?
- How dependent is SharePoint security on Active Directory?
- How do we expect IdM for SharePoint to change in the future?
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)